Sunday 6 February 2011

The Lonely Castle

The crest of a spiral staircase
Open to the surrounding glen:
I call it my haven,
An observatory
But I come alone to this place.

Blankets of moss, in perfection,
Patch up where tread has worn
And weeping dew adorns
The whole fertile stone floor
With new nameless, constellations;

Unlike the city's aurora:
Glowing with corporate artifice
And neo-alchemists
Forging a shining life.
Though not one golden foot trod a

Fortress that was bloody rife
With the lives of men and mothers,
Gone from the castle
And their little soldiers and daughters.
These days, nature contrives.

I owe much of the credit for the writing of this poem to Andrew MacAnallen. He wrote the poem on which this one was based. However, I not only took inspiration from his poem, but some parts are roughly the same as the original- so I am going to call this a derivative work, not an original. You can read the original at the bottom of the poetry section of his blog: www.snappyrockets.webs.com

No comments: